This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our visitors.
Situated on the East Coast of England, close to the resort of Skegness and the beauty of the Lincolnshire Wolds; Virley House Country Park is ideal for a holiday.
Virley House is located in the village of Croft, accessed from A52 between Skegness and Wainfleet. We cater for seasonal touring caravans and statics. The park is located on predominantly flat ground and is set in 5 acres of lawned grass with a fishing lake of half an acre.
The pitches for touring caravans are adjacent to all the main facilities. We have wheelchair accessible toilets and washing facilities, which include level entry wet rooms.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01754 811990 or email email@example.com
- To find out how to reach us you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is PE24 4SJ to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Skegness, 4 miles away. It is possible to take a taxi from Skegness to complete your journey. An accessible taxi can be booked in advance, see contact information for details.
- The road outside the site is wide tarmac and access is via an electronic gate, using passcode or electronic key fob. This is the sole entrance to the Park.
- Seacroft Mobility in Skegness supplies equipment for hire on 01754 762916
- This Access Statement is available in larger print on request.
Car Parking and Arrival
- The Car Park has spaces for 24 cars. The Park is lit with low level amenity lighting at night and the entrance is clearly signposted..
- Assistance is available from the owners or Site Wardens regarding parking and access to caravan. A small trolley and motorised mule are available for easier movement of goods from car to caravan.
- We have one space for a touring caravan. The pitch is on level grass next to an Elson, freshwater point and electric hook up.
- Showers and toilet facilities are available and are 150 metres from the touring pitch.
- Assistance with pitching is offered, subject to staff availability.
- Early booking is recommended
Toilet & Washing Facilities
- The toilets and showers have level access and are no more than 100 metres from any seasonal caravan or static.
- The toilets and showers are accessible toilet by a ramp and consist of a wet room arrangement with no steps inside the shower lodge.
- The toilet height is 460mm/18ins with a horizontal rail on the side wall for assistance.
- The flooring is of a non-slip design.
- The showers and toilets are well lit with LED overhead lighting operated by a motion sensor detector
- There is colour contrast with critical surfaces; the entrance is pine, wet room wall surfaces are white, floor tiles are grey and toilet and washbasins are white.
Grounds and Garden
- The park is large and spacious – 5 acres of lawned, mainly level ground.
- The lake is signposted and lit at night with 5 lifebuoys, also clearly lit. There is no night fishing.
- The lake is for adults and supervised children under the age of 16 only as the water is very deep in places, as shown by 3 clear warning signs.
- Wheelchair access is available around the perimeter of the lake and fishing pegs are also accessible to all.
- All staff receive regular training that includes disability awareness training.
- All facilities are clearly signposted. Clear signage is used throughout the park using Arial font large black letters on a white background and pictograms.
- The nearest General Hospital with a walk in NHS and Doctor’s surgery is 4 miles away in Skegness. The nearest A&E units are Boston (23 miles), Grimsby (35 miles) or Lincoln (40 miles).
- We do advise the ‘Talk before you Walk’ service on 111.NHS.uk or Call 111 or use the NHS app
- We can offer a list of nearby attractions and details of access for information. Please ask.
|Address :||Virley House Country Park, High Lane, Croft Skegness LINCS PE24 4SJ|